Follow by Email

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Moving Forward

It is my old fashioned opinion that if you don't vote, you had best keep your opinions to yourself as to the results. However, as I posted on Facebook earlier today:
I have not engaged in political posts through this election. I will not engage in trash talk about our president-elect. I will, however, likely disagree with much of his (apparently intended) agenda and continue working FOR the earth, and all of the beings upon it.
---------------------------------------------------
 Some years back, not terribly long after I stepped onto the current branch of my path and began walking with Frigga and her Handmaidens, I had achance conversation with a Christian acquaintance, who was of Norse decent and somewhat familiar with the old traditions of his ethnic heritage. He asked me, quite seriously, if I was a Völva.  As I answered him, with surprise, in the negative I heard a very strong voice in my mind telling me that I was, indeed, to become a wise woman/seer in this tradition and that I would serve, mostly, those not of "my community or tribe."

At that point I was not at all sure what They were talking about, but having had several experience through my life with what I call the "cosmic 2x4" (what happens when a deity wants your attention and doesn't have it) I certainly didn't want to deliberately invoke a "Viking" one! So I sighed and remained open to what I would be taught.

Some time later, I began receiving bits of wisdom and thoughts from Frigga's household; I was told to write these "words of wisom" down and share them with the world. Believe me, I wanted to duck and run, but instead I began sharing them, daily, on this blog, starting Aug 29, 2007. The run lasted for a couple of years (I'm really not good about this time thing) and then, They were done. I had subscribers to whom I emailed the thoughts and others followed the blog. Looking back, reading them through the distance, I guess the practice was part of my training.

I am sharing this, now, because I am feeling the mantle of the Völva close at hand and sense that, in what appears to be a time of upheaval and growing awareness of the level of injustice, hatred and unrest around us, I am being called to share my visions of what we might do to be the instruments of the change we wish to manifest.

Today I share this thought from The Powers That Be: When you feel hopeless, blocked, scared GO OUTSIDE TO NATURE and DO SOMETHING. Do something to get your hands dirty. Do something that changes something; something ever so small will do, but preferably make a change that you can see the next time you go out. It may not last long; that weed you pull may grow
back, the bottle you pick up and recycled may be replaced by other cast-offs, but you have made a change. If you have no place to dig, then run! Feel the wind in your hair, change your body, greet a passer-by and laugh at a squirrel. If you cannot run, walk and if you cannot walk -- even if you need someone to help you do it -- get OUTDOORS. Listen to the sounds, feel the air moving, the warming or cooling of your place on the planet, put your hands on a tree and tell it thank you for making oxygen. The important things are to Move, Do and Do It Outside. Change will follow.