Follow by Email

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tired Tuesday

Work is kicking my butt. And of course, being in a retail environment, it is only going to get worse. I am SO counting the months... 24 as of the end of October... until I can tell them to "take this job and shove it" though actually I won't. Not a bad job, just bad knees.

I had a long day today, but managed to clean out the rabbit cages (actually under them) and while I was dumping bunny presents in the garden, noted that a duck had gone walkabout (or would that be waddleabout?) and that there was a hole in the fence. Hole has been patched and the silly fowl finally herded back into the pen. She walked PAST the open gate three times, stopping and looking at her flock inside, and then walked on by, to try to get through the fence farther down the line.

She had been hunkered down under the forsythia bush, and when I chased her out, I also flushed most of the chicken flock as well. They headed down to the "tent" that is home to the Silkie chickens, to steal laying ration (tastes better of someone else's plate, don't you know!). I whacked the tent and sent them scurrying... on down to their pen. They put themselves up, so I shut the door and went back later to let Henry, the rooster in.

Spent a bit of time working on the hexen on order (I need to spend much more time on this but falling asleep in my paint can is not a good thing!) and then made enchiladas for supper. I need a bath, and more drawing and painting time after supper, I hope.

Another very long day at work tomorrow, as we are returning lots of products after a month long promotion tomorrow, so I am expecting to be rather tired and not have much of a day tomorrow either.