Follow by Email

Thursday, July 5, 2007

the morning's meditation

This is our Mother upon whom we walk
from whom we came
who gives us sustenance
to which we return.
Hail, Mother.

This is our Father under whom we walk
who lights our way
by night and day
and gives us guidance.
Hail, Father.

This is our Sister who cycles round
as she circles round
marking time and
shining hope.
Hail, Sister.

These are our Brothers who lay down their lives
to give us meat
for strength and life.
Honor them.
Hail, Brothers.

Almost every day I go to the gym and work out. And almost every workout ends with a brief (10 min or so) session in the sauna, where I let the heat soak into the muscles while I relax and meditate.

Since I have been following the moon through the signs, as reflected by Frigga's handmaidens, my meditation has been started with the germ of awareness of the Handmaiden of the day. Where it goes from there varies...

Today I had in my awareness, as well, the observation that (after an apparently brief "blip" on the weight loss curve last week) I appear to be back on track with this goal. I did a mid-week "unofficial check in" just to see, after my splurge of last evening (the first corn on the cob of the season, roasted on the grill... two ears...).

My theme for today -- the Handmaiden being Vor -- is Understanding. So I was thinking on understanding and saw in my mind's eye the strands of yarn that I put up in my Craft room some time back, to represent the reins of my life... And my Understanding is that having once again consciously picked up these reins, I am in the drivers seat.

I was also thinking a bit on my connection with the other realms (for lack of a better word)... and my witchey work. And the hex work books I have been getting in the mail and reading from, and the Wild Witch book that I picked up again (I was from the beginning, a wild witch though I never used the term... and though I work with specific deities now, that is still where my practice is rooted) and as those thoughts rolled around in my awareness, out came the poem with which I started this entry.