Follow by Email

Thursday, May 10, 2007

flying high in festival mode!


It's been a LONG time since I had a booth an a festival type event... since back in the 70s when I did batik.

Boy I have a ton to do... and work (regular work -- my "9-5" as art director and lead designer for Vision IPD) isn't slowing down. However I am beginning to remember the "festival high" that I used to get leading up to the event... when in the "old days" I would be sewing like a madwoman, putting together John and Martha batik dolls to stuff. Sewed my finger then, too.

Now it's just a matter of putting temp. hangers on the back of the large wooden outside hex signs (the only screws I could find are the dreaded SLOT HEAD so I am waiting for my evening glass of wine to mellow a bit before I attack that job), doing printing related stuff (business cards, brochures, informational attachments for my display) and making sure I have stuff to paint, eat and drink while at my booth. And sunscreen.

I would have like to have had enough designs to fill BOTH sides of my display, but I think this will do for now.